What I thought recovery would look like:
- Feeling 100% confident in my body at all times
- Loving every part of myself everyday
- Going out to eat and being completely present with the people I'm with and feeling comfortable ordering everything on the menu
- Eating only to the point of fullness, and no more
What recovery actually looks like:
- Waking up and telling myself I'm a badass bitch, even if I don't fully believe it.
- Working hard everyday to love myself. And being okay with the days that I don't.
- Going out to eat and being intentional about slowing down, checking in with myself, and eating for pleasure. Sometimes that happens, sometimes it doesn't.
- Tuning into my body and gauging my hunger scale. Sometimes ignoring my hunger scale. Sometimes eating too much.
Sensing a trend? Recovery isn't linear. There are days when I fist-pump myself and feel on top of the goddamn world. And there are days where I question if I've made any progress at all.
Wherever you are in your journey, just know that you're exactly where you're supposed to be. Everything happens for a reason. Every stumble is a learning lesson, and through these moments we can truly learn and grow.