Paleo Twix Cookies (grain-free, refined sugar free)
HOLY MOLY is all I gotta say — these cookies are ridiculous. Chewy, moist sugar cookies topped with rich, sweet caramel and dark, silky chocolate. AND grain-free? It's almost too good to be true. Almost.
What you need:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (can sub reg. sugar)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 10 dates
- 2 tbsp nut butter (optional, but adds richness)
- Almond milk or water, to thin (about 1-2 tbsp)
- 1 chocolate bar or 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
What to do:
- Bake the cookies — mix all ingredients together and bake @ 325 for 12-15 min.
- While cookies bake, make the date caramel. In a high-speed blender, mix all ingredients together and blend on high until smooth.
- Remove cookies from the oven. While cookies cool, make the chocolate sauce. Melt chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave (stir frequently).
- After cookies have cooled, frost with caramel and drizzle with chocolate.
- Take the perfect photo for your insta, then inhale ;-)