Granola Butter & Banana French Toast
Recipe by @lindsey_weitzman
The sandwich you didn’t know you needed in your life. Mouthwatering and perfect for weekend breakfasts and those days when you want fruit and something sweet. This gives you a lil bit of both, and is a cut above your average toast and fruit combo!
Recipe adapted from @choosingbalance
- 2 slices of bread (GF or regular!)
- Granola Butter
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk (any kind!)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Grab a bowl that is wide enough to fit your bread (pro-tip: shallow, wide containers work well!)
- Whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla, & cinnamon
- Grab your bread + banana + GB & make your sandwich- if you don’t have fresh fruit, a GB&J will work too!
- Toss your sandwich into the mixture & coat each side
- While your sandwich soaks up all the french toast goodness, get your pan going over medium heat with some butter or oil in it
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side
- Technically optional, but strongly encouraged: top with more GB, extra banana, & enjoy!