Flourless Granola Butter Chocolate Tart
This tart is fudgy, dense and rich. One of those chocolate desserts that you take a few bites and go "oh boy... I'm gonna need to sit down for this one." Aside from taste, it's also stunning and a total crowd pleaser. Alright, enough talking. Just make the darn thing!
- 1¼ cups old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup virgin coconut oil, melted, slightly cooled
- ¼ cup light agave syrup (nectar)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Filling and Assembly
- ½ teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 7 ounces vegan dark chocolate, melted, slightly cooled
- ⅔ cup light agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup plus 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil, melted, slightly cooled
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more
- Flaky sea salt
- ½ cup Granola Butter
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Pulse oats, whole wheat flour, coconut oil, agave, cocoa, salt, and cinnamon in a food processor until oats are coarsely ground and mixture looks like wet sand.
- Firmly press into bottom and up the sides of tart pan. Bake until crust is golden brown and smells toasty, 20–25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool.
For the Filling:
- Dissolve Espresso (or instant coffee for us basic b’s) in ¾ cups of hot water, add cocoa and let steep.
- Add melted chocolate, agave syrup, vanilla, ⅔ cup coconut oil, and ¼ tsp. kosher salt and process until mixture is very smooth and thick, about 30 seconds.
- Fold in Granola Butter, because you deserve it.
- Gently pour the filling into the cooled tart shell, banging the pan gently on the counter to rest evenly.
- Sprinkle liberally with a nice flaky sea salt and swirl with fresh Granola Butter lightly over the top.