Flourless Granola Butter Blender Muffins (Nut-free, GF)
Recipe by Lindsey Weitzman @lindsey_weitzman
Running out of breakfast ideas? Searching for creative ways to keep your kids entertained? Pantry on the low side?
This recipe has your name written all over it! Similar to a smoothie in that, not only is it also made in a blender, but it is pretty hard to mess up. Don’t like bananas? Try applesauce! Have a Costco bag of chocolate chips sitting around? Throw those in too! No fresh fruit? Perfect time to use some of the frozen fruit sitting in the back of your freezer.
Not only is it quick and easy, but it doesn’t even require one. single. bowl. Yes, you read right: no flipping dishes! It really could not get easier than this!
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 bananas
- 2 egg
- 1 cup granola butter - any flavor works!
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ~½ tablespoon milk of choice (if batter is too thick, throw in a splash more)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Grease a standard muffin tin with butter (liners or oil work too!) to keep these boys from sticking.
- Toss everything into the blender & mix away until you have a nice and smooth batter.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin tins.
- Top with extra chocolate chips, oats, sugar, etc.
- Pop ‘em in the oven!
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges begin to brown
- Once they are nice and crisp take them out and let them cool
- Top with a hefty drizzle of GB, then dig in!
- Chocolate chips! Toss a handle full- or 2- in after blending other ingredients and stir in, or sprinkle a few on top before baking.
- Blueberries! Stir a heaping handful in after blending other ingredients.
- No chocolate GB? Add in ~⅓ cup (more or less based on your chocolate preference) cacao powder to turn these babies into ooey-gooey chocolate heaven.
- No banana? Applesauce should also work!
- No oats? Since there are no dry ingredients, they won’t have quite the same cakey texture as a muffin and don’t fret if they lose a bit of their height after they cool. What they lack in height they make up for in flavor!