These aren't just ordinary chocolate cookies. The paprika and cinnamon gives them an incredible dimension and depth, while the brown sugar gives them a chew that's hard to beat.
- 1½ cups flax seeds (golden or brown)
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon hot smoked Spanish paprika
- 1½ cups (packed) light brown sugar
- 1⅓ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ cups bittersweet chocolate chunks or chips
- Flaky sea salt
- 4 tablespoons Granola Butter
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F (180 Celsius). Spread flax seeds on a lined sheet tray and lightly toast for 8-10 minutes.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Using an electric mixer combine the butter and the sugars, with a paddle attachment or a rubber spatula if doing by hand. Mix until light, fluffy and opaque. Psst — this is called creaming & is a crucial step in making moist baked goods.
- Add eggs one at a time until fully combined. Add four tablespoons of Granola Butter. Add flour and cocoa mixture in thirds. Fold in flax seeds and chocolate chips until fully combined.
- Taste taste taste! Use your finger, a spoon, and enjoy the glory of this chocolatey crunchy cookie dough.
- Roll into at least 20 balls depending on the size cookies you want. I tend to go for larger because I like my cookies THIQQQ.
- Bake on a parchment lined sheet trays at 350F (180C) for 16-20 minutes, rotating halfway through baking. I think 17 minutes is just right for that soft, chewy, and gooey chocolate cookie experience.
- Share with your friends!