Are you team cake? Or team cookie? If you can’t decide, these rich, chocolatey, cakey cookies were made for you! We cut them into crown shapes because these bad bois are fit for a KWEEN! (Cut them into other shapes at your own risk).
1 cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
¼ cup brown sugar, packed
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/3 cup chocolate granola butter
1 egg (or sub flax egg)
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Stir together all dry ingredients.
3. Whisk egg. Add the egg, syrup, granola butter and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Stir everything together until a thick dough forms.
4. Roll out the cookie dough on a floured surface until about 1/3 inch thick. Using a
cookie cutter, cut cookies in your favorite shapes. We recommend a crown ;)
5. Place the cookies on the baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to keep them from spreading.
6. Bake the cold cookies at 275 for 13-15 minutes.
7. Eat them plain, or decorate with frosting or white chocolate glaze once they cool!