Chewy Granola Butter Cookies (Vegan, Nut-free)
Recipe by: Lindsey Weitzman @lindsey_weitzman
Warning: this dough is edible & h-i-g-h-l-y addictive.
Whether you’re a straight-from-the-bowl, probably won’t make it to the oven cookie-dough-eater, like myself, or an ice cream sandwich fanatic, these cookies are delicious any and every way. Trust me, you can’t go wrong. Eat it raw, make a sandwich, crumble dough or a cookie on top of a sundae — the possibilities go on and onnn. Whichever way you decide to go, make sure to top it with an extra spoonful of GB — you won’t be disappointed.
A huge thank you to @leighsbakeshop for sharing her secret vegan PB recipe, from which this recipe stems. Baking has become my go-to stress reliever and pairs especially well with all the Netflixing I have been doing. So get your baking sheets out and queue up Tiger King.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup GB
- 1 cup sugar (you can do white, brown, coconut, etc. or a mix! I did ½ white + ½ brown!)
- ⅓ cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ salt
- Handful (or 2) of chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, & salt.
- In a large bowl, mix the GB, sugar, & milk until smooth.
- Add in the dry ingredients a little at a time & mix. **If your dough is dry, it’s ok! Throw in a splash more milk. Vegan cookies tend to be a lil crumbly**
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Grab a spoon and dig in!
- Grab any remaining dough, roll it into balls, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10ish minutes.
- Once cooled, grab a bowl of ice cream & extra GB to dress these babies up & enjoy!