You've seen them all over Instagram and thought to yourself: "Mermaid toasts?! I can barely get myself ready for work. Ain't nobody got the TIME." I feel you.
Except, I timed myself one day and this toast only took 3 minutes. That includes toasting the bread! You scroll your Instagram feed for at least 12 minutes every morning, so don't tell me you ain't got 3 minutes to spare.
Alright, alright - here's how you can make some magic happen:
3 Minute Mermaid Toast
What you'll need:
- Bread of your choice (I love Ezekiel Sprouted Wheat)
- Cream cheese of choice (go for Kite Hill if you're dairy-free)
- Natural food dye (can buy at Whole Foods or Amazon)
- Toppings of choice - go wild! Sliced fruit, edible flowers, rice paper flowers (pictured), black sesame seeds, edible glitter. You really can't do too much.
How to assemble (although it ain't rocket science):
- Toast the bread to your liking
- Wait for bread to cool - important step! If you schmear on the cream cheese because you're impatient AF, it's gonna melt and not look as ~pretty~
- Spread on cream cheese and add a few sprinkles of food coloring powder
- Use butter knife to make strokes like you're Michaelangelo
- Top with toppings of your choice
- Take a photo and upload to Instagram asap - pics or it didn't happen, duh.